Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Waitin for the night sleevenotes

  1. #1
    Inactive Member DWIG's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 8th, 2001
    Posts
    14
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Just read these notes today (despite having had the CD for a few months now!)

    Fowley does a bit of chat and said THE RUNAWAYS were considering covering a STEVIE NICKS songs on the album but that was pulled for one of Lita's songs. Firstly,

  2. #2
    Inactive Member DWIG's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 8th, 2001
    Posts
    14
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Sorry, had to add a few things!

    Firstly, was this before Cherie quit?

    I could have imagined the band doing a great cover of GOLD DUST WOMAN, but only with Cherie, not after!!

    I know they refused I LOVE ROCK N ROLL & HELLRAISER, but didn't know of this. Being a great STEVIE fan, this really interests me!

    Any info would be appreciated (espescially from CHERIE!)

    Dave.UK

  3. #3
    Account Suspended Who Do You Think We Are?'s Avatar
    Join Date
    July 21st, 2005
    Posts
    13
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Interesting. Courtney Love covered Gold Dust Woman. Come to think of it, Cherie would SMOKE on a Courtney Love song. Which one would y'all pick?

  4. #4
    moderator gus danger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2001
    Posts
    9,105
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Arrow

    Hey Dave,
    I just looked at those liner notes and *** Fowley says they turned down a Stevie Nicks song "in 1977" which was later covered by Courtney Love.

    So I guess it could have been when Cherie was still with the band. I guess the song must have been Gold Dust Women unless Courtney covered some other Stevie Nicks song!

    I WOULD have loved to hear Cherie sing that song!
    Still would, actually!
    [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]biggrin.gif[/img]
    Gus

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Ravensong's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 17th, 2005
    Posts
    164
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I have very unkind opinions about Courtney (for very good reasons), but if I was chosing a song Cherie would cover I'd say "Dying"
    Courtney only does half-assed covers anyway, so I wouldn't count her "cover" of Fleetwood Mac. She doesn't even know all the words.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Links to Cherie Currie's Websites:http://www.cheriecurrie.comhttp://www.chainsawchick.com
http://www.therunaways.com
http://www.myspace.com/cheriecurrie
http://www.myspace.com/cheriecurriemusic